Every few months I try to feature a wedding venue local to the Willamette Valley for soon to be brides to check out and get a feel for the differing options out there. Today will be the Joel Palmer House located in Dayton, Oregon. Joel Palmer was a leading pioneer and helped to co-found the town of Dayton. He then built the Joel Palmer House in 1857. Chris Czarnecki, a 4th generation chef and restaurateur now owns and operates the Joel Palmer House after his parents retired.
The grounds are well maintained and the venue allows use of the entire indoor and outdoor facilities for booked weddings.
This includes the beautifully manicured back porch area, side lawns, front lawns, and a covered area near the side lawn.
Inside contains a bridal getting ready room as well as a groom's getting ready room. The venue is $4900 and includes a plethora of services for the bride & groom to be:
Exclusive use of venue and property for entire day of event
• Wedding ceremony and reception – you can arrive as early as you wish, prior to your ceremony to give you time for decorating, dressing, pictures, etc.
• Ceremony chairs and water service for up to 180 guests
• Full extended planning services with Day Of Coordinator. Includes detailed day of timeline & Vendor Coordination
• 90 Minutes of onsite rehearsal time directed by the Day-Of Coordinator
• Complimentary Bridal Suite includes $125 credit towards food, wine, beer, and liquor
• Complimentary Grooms Lounge (At The Barlow Room, 3 blocks from Joel Palmer House with transportation. Not a private room)
includes $125 credit towards food, wine, beer, and liquor
• All - day, professional transportation for bride, groom, or other guests before, during, and after ceremony
(1 driver, 14 person capacity van or SUV $1000 value)
The dining area extends from downstairs all the way to the upstairs. For weddings the dining area upstairs is cleared to make available the space for bridal getting ready.
If you are looking for a venue that has historic charm, gorgeous landscaping, and is located in a gorgeous area of wine country then The Joel Palmer House would be the perfect location for you.
For more information click here: Joel Palmer Weddings
Mellissa is a Salem, Oregon based wedding photographer who travels statewide and nationwide. Contact her today for your consultation: